Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com

Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com
Our On Line Store and Info.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Feeling Hot Hot Hot

Wow it was a hot one today. I was very tempted to try frying an egg on the sidewalk, but it was to dang hot to go out and do it.

The angora rabbits were given frozen water bottles to snuggle against and are up against a block garage. They were afraid of the water bottles yet again, but at least they ywere there for them.

The lambs seemed to be taking it rather well. I was very surprised. They hang out in the shade, drank the electrolytes that I gave them and were up to their normal mischief. I was happy to see them tolerate it so well.

The chickens on the other hand have been protesting the heat and not laying much. Then today the one that is producing some rather large eggs decided to lay it in the run. The run and coop are attached and you can't get into the run. The husband drug it over with a stick so he could reach it and pull it out.

Then we had some strong "storms" that came through. All we got was some light rain and tons of strong winds and power outage. Normally I could live with the power being out, but with a 3 month old, 2 year old and 7 year old getting more and more agitated we decided to head to my Mom's. If it would have been cool all day and the house wouldn't have been heating up minute by minute I would have toughed it out, but I figured no one would get any sleep and it would make tomorrow very ugly for all, plus the estimate time it is supposed to come back on is 6 am on Saturday. I just hope that they can get it fixed sooner than later.

Guess I should get off of here and finish up on some things then head to bed. Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.